Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hearthstone

Hearthstone 4 years 8 months ago #14713

• Tragachinos
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 75
Did anyone try this? Imo it's a nice game if you have 15-30 minutes to kill while waiting for something.

Wake me up when Indar unlocks...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hearthstone 4 years 8 months ago #14715

• FatalJay
  • Rant is as Rant does
  • Thank you received: 312
Is very well made, but can be hell frustrating when you keep waiting and waiting for the cards you want to turn up. As with all card games there is the deck, the skill of the player, and a hell of a lot of luck of the draw.

EDIT: I'm terribly sorry, I seem to have forgotten exactly why I hated that game so much until I jsut had another go at it just now.

It would be luck of the draw, if it wasn't pay to win.

Seriously there are so many deck builds and cards in that game that allow you to draw more cards every turn, but to begin with you have fuck all. Until you are able to create one of these decks where you can just keep churning out cards cards every turn so you can effectively counter whatever your opponent has on the board, you are gonna get fucked over and over.

So its a typical blizzard game where skill doesn't count for shit. It's simple how much time and money you've put in that determines the winner.

Sad really cause it looked like it could have been a fun game. Only way to have a chance is to grind the AI for weeks until you earn enough points to start unlocking some decent cards. Either that or just be the local whipping boy for a while.

HA! I'm fuckin' outta here! Slaterz dudes! :D
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by FatalJay.

Hearthstone 4 years 8 months ago #14716

• Tragachinos
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 75
Well, maybe I haven't played enough of it yet. Found a beta key two days ago in spam folder, lol. Just finished tutorial and played some arenas with mage. Yeah there are some balance issues, like rogues doing shenanigans with the coin and spells and ending up with 4 2/1 creatures on the board on turn 1. Or priests instakilling every single creature I play for the entire game while his 1/12 creature slaps me in the face... But its not that bad, I guess its still beta after all and those bullshit plays will be balanced.

Wake me up when Indar unlocks...

Hearthstone 4 years 8 months ago #14717

• Gribbstar
  • Second-in-Command
  • Thank you received: 1197
I love the game but I've always been a fairly serious MTG player too, most of the strategies translate. Luck of the draw is just, well... card games for you :)

I have a spare beta key for hearthstone free to the first person to reply here that they would like it.

Hearthstone 4 years 8 months ago #14718

• HIGHCommanderJack
  • I enjoy freedom
  • Thank you received: 760
I'd like it if it's possible. I've played some MTG in the past on the computers, but have played some similar card games as a kid, so I wouldn't be a total noob... But near total still...
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Hearthstone 4 years 8 months ago #14720

• Gribbstar
  • Second-in-Command
  • Thank you received: 1197
It's in my emails, will inbox you when I can get back to them :)

Hearthstone 4 years 7 months ago #14766

• Smithay
  • Officer
  • Cogito ergo sum
  • Thank you received: 120
If you play the drafting that is very skill intensive, it costs money but if you win enough you can keep going on it for free. Constructed games will be very rough until you get the cards though, but it is ranked so you should play noobs to start with.
Time to create page: 0.561 seconds