Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Warframe

Warframe 5 years 1 month ago #9605

• FatalJay
  • Rant is as Rant does
  • Thank you received: 312
So who else plays it? Other friends of mine say its too repetitive, while I guess I can see their argument, it has enough variety in the warframes, weapons, enemies, levels and mission types to keep me interested. Only problem I find is the general public are embarressingly crap at the game.

Wouldn't mind linking up with some of the boys if anyone is up for it? :)

Steam account: undeddjester

HA! I'm fuckin' outta here! Slaterz dudes! :D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Warframe 5 years 1 month ago #9606

• 4Rum
  • Thank you received: 94
Is this that hack and slash FPS? If so, friends have invited me to play it some time ago, but told them to bugger off because i was playing PS2 :lol:

Seemed like a good game, might try it sometimes.
:(

Warframe 5 years 1 month ago #9608

• FatalJay
  • Rant is as Rant does
The best way I can think of to describe it is it is kind of like some kind of blend of League of Legends, Resident Evil, Prince of Persia and Halo... wrap your head around that.

Nah its pretty good, especially for a free game its worth a try. Not gonna lie the early levels are a smidge easy, and buying stuff puts you MILES ahead of players who don't. That said the further you get into the game the harder it is, and in a weird way I kinda dislike my bought equipment compared to my crafted equipment. I make a rule of gimping my character to only being as strong as they should be had I crafted my gear instead of buying it.

Gets pretty hectic at times. Earlier today I was playing a solo rescue mission with my Ember (a very squishy but high damage class), and had successfully saved the prisoner and was making my way to extraction, all in all going pretty well through the level. However suddenly as I turned a corner 30 guys were lying in wait for me, but before I could retreat an enemy commander triggers his position switch ability and yanks me clean into the middle of the horde.

Needless to say they were all over me like a fat kid on cake, and I was finished off about as quickly.

Frustrating? Yes, but what game worth playing isn't? :)

Warframe 5 years 1 month ago #9617

• HIGHCommanderJack
  • I enjoy freedom
  • Thank you received: 760
I just looked some gameplay videos from YT about Warframe and it just didn't ignite me...

There's enough to game for me in PS2 :P
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Warframe 5 years 1 month ago #9619

• FatalJay
  • Rant is as Rant does
Truth be told the main reason I like it is it is a online coop game. I always liked coop games above all else, but sadly the big thing now is competative multiplayer. While I don't mind multiplayer perce', I much prefer going up against the computer with other players and trying to survive the gauntlet. Its probably why my favourite games of all time have been Guild Wars and Killing Floor.

How many good coop games are there now? Very few.

Warframe 5 years 1 month ago #9620

• HIGHCommanderJack
  • I enjoy freedom
  • Thank you received: 760
Yeah, I remember games like Streets of Rage with my friends...

Maybe I try this Warframe thing when I get really, really fed up with PS2...

It's just that from the video I understood the gameplay is pretty much of the same stuff all over and over again. Maybe it wasn't a good video. It was about 15 mins.

Warframe 5 years 1 month ago #9633

• MrKhaine
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 52
I've played warframe like about 2 hours and... I get bored as hell. I don't particularly like the game play, as well as the f2p model behind... you might give it a try, its free after all, but... well. I got enough games anyways. :)

Warframe 5 years 4 weeks ago #9777

• 4Rum
Fatal, whats your nickname in warframe?

Warframe 5 years 4 weeks ago #9794

• FatalJay
  • Rant is as Rant does
Oof... good question, will have to check.

Edit: FatalJ

There it is, same as my PS2 name ;)

Last Edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by FatalJay.

Warframe 5 years 2 weeks ago #10676

• 4Rum

Warframe 5 years 1 week ago #10887

• 4Rum
There is an community event going on this weekend.... and the prize is.... new content :lol:

Warframe 4 years 11 months ago #11667

• FatalJay
  • Rant is as Rant does
Since I've quit PS2 until SOE plug their brain back in a actually do something about the TR, I've been looking through my back catalogue of games for something to play instead. While I did find Firefall ok, it seemed by and large kind of mindless to me. I rarely if ever found myself holding onto that clutch moment to use an ability, and instead it was more a case of just mowing down everything you see. Furthermore since there is no shortage of players in that game right now, the shit that could be entertaining and challenging usually becomes hard not from game mechanics, but because of the huge clusterfuck of enemies and allies pounding away at each other.

So I decided to give Warframe another run, as last time I played it there seemed to be alot of unrealised potential, and I have to say, while I can't really name any massive changes perce', the whole game feels so much more rewarding and enjoyable than it was.

Since the last time this thread was updated a few more warframes have been added, a few more weapons, and bunch more enemies (and amoungst those enemies a fair variety of different weapon loadouts and abilities at their disposal to keep you on your toes), a couple more different game modes, and a user interface overhaul in several areas to make the whole thing much easier to digest. These are all fairly subtle changes, and on the whole the game looks largely the same, but feels much better, where the repetativeness of the levels has been drastically reduced.

The main change to note in my opinion is the variety in enemies. Whereas before you largely just shot at shit, and kept shooting till it was all dead, you now have to pay real close attention to the threats posed by individual opponents. Your Warframe abilities seem to come into play a lot more frequently (as well as the individual strengths/weaknesses your warframe possesses) and activating the correct skill at the correct time can mean the difference between and fairly easy confrontation, and pulling a thorny tendril from some unpleasant locations.

While it is kind of a case of grind your Warframe through levels if you want to rank up all your shit, I tend to find I just enjoy playing the game itself, and levelling up as I'm doing it is a bonus. It is rather slow to get going, I have to admit. I've started using a completely new warframe, which I have to get a few levels in before I can start taking on the good stuff, and I'm finding the early levels laughably easy. When I go back to the mid game levels however I really have to start being careful, as you can get badly wombo comboed if you aren't paying attention.

The only time it gets easy is if you happen to get someone in your team that is much higher levelled than you to carry you through (which sucks fyi, but hey ho).

Anyway the point I'm labouriously coming to is this.... Warframe is my go to game right now, I'm playing it pretty regularly, so if anyone wants to join me then I heartily welcome you... but if you are a long ways ahead, please don't take your max rank shit and just blast the whole room to hell every time for me... getting carried through the game all the time is boring :)

Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by FatalJay.

Warframe 4 years 11 months ago #11668

• Burnd crow
  • Damn thats a big bag o' weed
  • Thank you received: 39
FatalJay wrote:
please don't take your max rank shit and just blast the whole room to hell every time for me... getting carried through the game all the time is boring :)
Sorry about that bro :P but if you wanna play warframe with me just ask. I got a new warframe in like 2 days since i got the last part last time we played so we wil be evenly mached :D
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Burnd crow.

Warframe 4 years 11 months ago #11669

• FatalJay
  • Rant is as Rant does
LoL, nah its fine man, I wasn't thinking of any specific example while writing that, tbh I was thinking more about the plenty of pick up groups I get put with, where there is always one bloke who is geared to level 30 with some nasty as hell cards and basically one shots the room with his melee weapon... it's like wtf is he doing in 20 levels areas? :P

But yeah, sounds good, will have to get a few games in :)

Warframe 4 years 11 months ago #11689

• 4Rum
There are currently 2 alert missions on that last for the next 24h, the rewards are a reactor and a forma, both very useful items for upgrading your frames and weapons. So if anyone wants to give this game a go, this would be a good boost for you if you start now.

Warframe 4 years 2 months ago #20328

• FatalJay
  • Rant is as Rant does
FatalJay wrote:

I was going to write a whole new post about Warframe since it seems to be garnering some attention from people now, and I want to fuel the recruitment drive, but after rereading my above post, I realise it pretty much says what I wanted to say anyway, which saves me a job :P

So yeah, things for the Warframe Maniacs are moving along nicely. We have about 8 or 9 regular players now, most of which are slowly completing their personal objectives in the game, and so we have managed to carve out a reasonably pimped out Clan Dojo, which is always being improved.

Even among our small numbers there are a good mix of players for a fair majority of tastes. Some like crashing through high rank missions for ever greater mods, some like constantly ranking up new weapons and building new gear, some just like simply playing through the regular missions, and others like to limit themselves and try surviving on a tougher playing field.

Those of you who played Warframe a while back, are encouraged to try it again, as much more variety has been added to the game (see my previous post, everything said there has only been amplified further). Chances are if you didn't like Warframe at all back then, you won't like it now, but if you liked the idea, but found it too repetitive, the game is MASSIVELY improved.

As has been said before the only real problem with Warframe is the challenge and real fun takes a couple of planets before it starts to kick in, where you have this awkward scenario of playing on your own being kind of boring, but playing with seasoned players (even those who massively cripple their gear) is too easy, and thus also boring. However we do make attempts to give newbies free reign to explore at their pace, and leave them to do the business themselves instead of holding their hand, only really backing them up when needed.

I could talk forever about how there is always more to do, and how there are tonnes of clever little surprises that lie in wait for even the most experienced of players. Every time you think you have the game figured out, you get hit by an ice level, or a stalker attack, or some toxic ancient who drains all your energy, or even just a weird ass boss fight that leaves you trying to work out exactly how the bastard is meant to die. Every time you start getting bored you can simply build a new warframe or weapon, try out new mod combinations, and keep on experimenting and learning more.

So if you wish to try-giving/give it another crack, let us know if you want to be invited to the squad and/or clan :)

Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by FatalJay.

Warframe 4 years 2 months ago #20333

I thought I would give it a quick go, given PC Gamer this month gave a free code for some starter items.

My tag id is BiggerRob I can't promise I will be any good, but based on the randoms I have seen so far, you could do a lot worse.

Warframe 4 years 2 months ago #20350

• FatalJay
  • Rant is as Rant does
Cool beans bro, I'm not on much atm as I'm only booting up games as a break in between exams and assignments. However following Wednesday night (which I'm sure I will be nissed as a pewt for the first time in like 2 years), I should be good to go :)

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds